Monday, October 25, 2010

Favorite: Rob Ryan



My friend Steph went to Australia and brought back an Australian Design Magazine Inside Out. I love the photography, beautifully put together page layout and content. The magazine welcomes a new point of view, enabling the search to follow design in another part of the world. I have been very interested in Australian design ever since I saw an episode of Man Shops Globe where Keith Johnson travels down under to scout super chic design ideas for Anthropologie. An article in the magazine about artist Rob Ryan caught my eye. Rob Ryan makes jaw dropping, meticulous, and beautiful art pieces from paper and scissors. His projects remind me of a day dream you don't want to end. He has intricately cut symbols, words, and images out of paper. You almost have to look twice to check that the images aren't painted or drawn with marker. The precision is immaculate and the end result is extraordinary and whimsical.

*Image Source Rob Ryan on Etsy






















Check out his Etsy shop:





Check out his blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment