Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ultimate Running Mix


I accomplished a goal of running my first half marathon on Thanksgiving day. It was a great adventure training, pushing my body, and achieving a goal. I was able to finish because my fabulous training buddies support and our new interactive training called "social running". We attached my friend's small speaker to my iPod so we could both hear the tunes and be able to talk and give motivation high fives, plus some sweet dance moves. For months I have been preparing the ultimate running mix to motivate our legs and I feel that my final list was perfection. I wanted to share some of the tunes because it is hard to find a great source for jams. Hopefully these beats will get you up and dancing, running, or whatever makes you want to move!


  1. Dancing Machine (Polow Remix), by Jackson 5

  2. Clap Your Hands, by Sia (thanks Hannah, also check out the video - memorizing in its strangeness)

  3. Like A Prayer, Madonna

  4. Doo Wop (That Thing), Lauryn Hill

  5. Bulletproof, by La Roux

  6. Bodyrock, by Moby

  7. Many Moons, by Janelle Monae (thanks Monica)

  8. Superstylin', by Groove Armada

  9. Dynamite, by Taio Cruz

  10. Only Girl (In the World), by Rihanna

  11. Forget You, by Cee Lo Green (edited version preferible with social running)

  12. Buttons (CSS Remix), by Sia

  13. Raise Your Glass, by P!nk

  14. Teenage Dream, by Katy Perry

  15. Wrong Prayer, by Jaydiohead

1 comment:

  1. Awesome playlist! I think everyone should try "social running." It is much more fun! So proud of you girls finishing your first half marathon, you rock!

    ReplyDelete