Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year’s Peace

The New Year came crashing in like a wave for me this year. I wasn't prepared, I felt stressed, and I had one thing after the next planned in my holiday break. I was tripping and falling, scrabbling to be organized. It was a wake-up call. I realized that life was going to start passing me by if I didn't get an organized handle on my life and commitments. I need clarity, I need….peace. Peace, in my opinion, is underrated in our society. Technology connects people to work at all hours as well as any social media. You have to make plans to disconnect from society. I am going to make plans to find 30 minutes to an hour of each day to reflect, realize my goals for the day and find a time in my day to have quiet and be able to reach back to the moment when I start feeling busy and stressed. Good luck on your New Year's resolution and wherever the year will take you!

No comments:

Post a Comment