Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Color Confusion

I have been wanting to purchase a Herman Miller Eames Molded Plastic Side Chair for some time. When I decided to go ahead and go for it I came to find that I would be most overwhelmed with color confusion! Herman Miller introduced 5 new colors this year to make matters worse. The classic red, black, white, lime green, and light blue were enough to consider. Now the additional java, aqua sky, greystone, sparrow, and wafer had to be thrown in the mix.

I wanted to purchase a chair that would be classic , for multiple uses and a variety of spaces. I ultimately would like to use these chairs in the dining room, kitchen or as a desk chair. You can pretty much place this chair in any location and it becomes art. My place right now has many different colors going on. My room has mainly white, modern furniture with many color accents. Lime green had always been my original thought - it's one of my top favorites colors. The chair would be a total accent piece which I would love, however I just didn't think for now it was the most practical.
After a bit of thought I decided that for my space being transitional, white was the way to go. It is a safe color, but I will be able to fit this in any room at any time. And the chair design is fun so it will look fabulous no matter where it goes! I also purchased the Eiffel Tower base. I feel it is a glamorous, energetic base that compliments the simple lines of the chair.

If you have a space that is mostly a monotoned color palette than a fun color would be a great choice. If you have children a fun red or light blue would really make dinner time fun. These are very durable and easy to clean. White is such a popular furniture color at the moment a punch of color at a white desk or as a side chair next to a small table would work well. These are also available on a rocker base with arms. These are adorable in baby room's. If you are need for a simple, beautiful, and classic piece, this chair would be a wonderful option for any home owner or design enthusiast to own!

Bit of History:

Charles and Ray Eames designed this piece in the 1940s. The idea was to use a new material that could be mass produced. The Eames wanted to have the material sell and speak for the design. It has multiple base options and color options. It is very light weight and is used in many applications today.

*images source: Herman Miller

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the blog design! I'm already an avid reader and your biggest fan. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so proud of you for getting this started! i can't wait to follow along with you. way to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I love this and am so happy you are sharing your inspirations! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. c-this blog is da jam! i have to agree with what everyone else said too! heart you!

    ReplyDelete