Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Favorite

I have many favorites in my design life. I don't have a favorite color, because all colors are equally my favorite. I do have a top 5 list of preferred colors, but I can't categorize a number one. This same general indecisiveness is applied to most finds (not boyfriends - I have one top and favorite all time boyfriend). I find it refreshing not to commit to one favorite and I would like to share my commitment phobia with you as I post a new favorite every week!

My fav this week (which is a perfect example of commitment issues) is the graphic wall company Blik (www.whatisblik.com/shop/explore).

This product line was started by two people trying to determine the best way to decorate a wall. Every solution was permanent which created the idea of a removable, art piece that can be changed. I just love how you can quickly transform a wall or room based on a mood, to surprise someone, or add something other than typical decoration. The prices are very affordable. The stickiness is strong as well as the material. You don't have to be afraid of tearing the parts or the pieces not sticking. You can easily remove and restick the pieces if not placed perfectly. Genius!

I used the safari theme for a nursery and I know for a fact that the baby is smarter and kinder to animals because of his mural!


You can also pick your preferred colors for more simple designs. Blik is so polite by adding a rating system to gauge the level of application intensity. Blik will also create beautiful custom pieces which you can request information through their website.

Here are some of my favorite products!


*Image Source: Blik

1 comment: